How to Make Rhubarb Lemonade
- In a large heavy saucepan, add the rhubarb and water.
- Bring the rhubarb and water to a boil. Then reduce the heat, and simmer until rhubarb is tender. (This should only take about 20 minutes.)
- Strain the rhubarb, then add it to a heat-proof pitcher.
- To the pitcher, add the sugar and the juice from 2 lemons; stir well.
- Allow the lemonade to cool before placing it in the refrigerator.
- Chill the lemonade in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pour the rhubarb lemonade in a glass filled with ice.
- Note: You could cut this recipe in half, using 4 cups of diced rhubarb, 4 cups of water, 1 whole lemon, and a 3/4 cup of sugar.