This beverage comes to us from Arabia where it is said that Mohammed gave birth to the main ingredient - rose geraniums - quite
innocently by tossing his shirt over a mallow plant.
In old folk traditions, a green witch would plant a specially enchanted rose geranium near his or her doorway to announce the arrival of guests.
If you keep a pot of red geraniums in your home, it provides energy
for health and safety, while the pink variety inspires love.
The other flowers in this recipe have long been used in divination
- 1 qt
- apple juice (cider, or sparkling cider are also options)
- 1 c
- sugar (or to taste)
- 1 c
- mixed marigold, pansy, and meadow sweet blossoms
- lime, sliced
- orange, sliced
- rose geranium leaves
How to Make PSYCHIC JUICE
- 1Warm the apple juice, sugar, and flower petals and leaves for five to ten minutes until sugar is dissolved. To this add the sliced lime and orange and allow the mixture to cool. Strain and bottle the
liquid, and place in the refrigerator until you wish to consume it.
- 2This can be served hot or cold (if hot, try adding an allspice berry or connamon stick). Keeps as long as typical apple juice.
- 3ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS:
- 4Geraniums can be replaced with either dandelions or 6 whole bay leaves for similar magickal results. Apple juice can be replaced with wine for a longer lasting brew.
- 5OTHER MAGICKAL USES:
- 6Dab a bit of this wine on your doors or window sills to protect your home.
Also, geraniums come in a variety of scents, so a mint
geranium wine might be consumed for prosperity or passion, whereas a nutmeg geranium beverage could be quaffed for luck and devotion.