Italian Limoncello or Italian Arancelo
How to Make Italian Limoncello or Italian Arancelo
- Pour the bottle of Everclear and the bottle of vodka into a gallon jar.
- Try to use organic lemons or oranges or make sure lemons or oranges are cleaned to remove any chemicals, pesticides, dirt, and wax.
Dry the lemons. Using a potato peeler, peel off just the yellow/orange part of the skin without any of the pith.
- Put the lemon/orange peels in jar and stir gently.
- Cover tightly and put away in a cool (not cold) dark place for the alcohol to extract oils from the peels.
- Gently stir lemon/orange peels once a week for four weeks.
- At the end of the fourth week, scoop out the lemon/orange peels and discard. Using coffee filters, filter remaining liquid two times before proceeding.
- Make a simple syrup by dissolving sugar in water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add cooled simple syrup to filtered lemon/orange infusion. Return jar to cool dark place for 40 more days.
- Filter resultant liqueur two more times, using coffee filters. Pour into bottles, label, and enjoy. The longer the limoncello/arancello ages, the better the flavor will be.