Iced Tea -- Presto
I'm sure most of us have experienced the situation where we wished we had planned for some Iced Tea for ourselves or guests -- But Didn't.
This will give you a quart or two of Iced Tea in ten minutes from start. Need more, increase the quantity of tea or do two batches.
It produces a robust and hearty tea. I like it strong, you may prefer less.
I also do this for my Beef or Chicken bouillon cubes before adding to recipes.
How to Make Iced Tea -- Presto
- Place 4 or 5 Tea Bags of choice in microwave safe bowl or 1 or 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup.
Important: I remove the tags and staples from the bags without tearing them. The metal staples might provide some arcing in the microwave. For safety I remove them and never put metal in the microwave.
- Place Tea Bags in cup and fill cup to two thirds with water. Microwave on high for 4 or 5 minutes. To start of a boil.
- Allow to set for one or two minutes after removing from microwave. Pour Tea into pitcher or fridge jar. Squeeze Tea Bags with spoon to extract addition tea. It is a potent concoction.
- If you want Sweet Tea add sugar and stir well to dissolve before adding cold water. Fill pitcher or jar with additional cold water, add ice and stir and serve.
- Again -- I use the same process to dissolve bouillon cubes. Happy Cooking!