★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 tspnutmeg ground
4 cwhole milk
2 chalf and half
2 Tbspvanilla extract
How to Make Homemade Holiday Eggnog
- In a large bowl mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg until well blended.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg yolks until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks to the sugar mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the milk stirring constantly.
- Using a medium size saucepan and candy thermometer on low heat, stirring constantly, heat the eggnog until temperature reaches 175.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 2 cups of half and half and vanilla.
- Cool the eggnog for 2 hours uncovered, then cool and chill for at least 3 more hours. Serve cold.