- 2 1/2 c
- *freshly* squeezed lemon juice
- 2 c
- freshly squeezed grapefruit
- thin half moon slices of grapefruit, for garnish
- fresh mint, lemon verbena, pineapple sage or other fresh herb, for garnish
- 1 c
- 2 c
- filtered water
How to Make Grapefruit-Lemonade
- 1Prepare the SIMPLE SYRUP: Combine the sugar and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Stir well and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a slow boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until all of the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature or set in an ice bath to chill quickly.
- 2When ready to serve the beverage, combine the lemon juice, grapefruit juice, and the sugar syrup in a medium pitcher. If desired, the mixture can be diluted with a little bit of filtered water, to taste.
- 3Add a grapefruit slice to each serving, fill with ice cubes and garnish with fresh herb of choice.