French Press Coffee
- french press
- coffee - course grind
- hot water
How to Make French Press Coffee
- 1Spoon grounds into carafe (two tablespoons per eight ounces of water)
- 2Pour water just off a boil into carafe, getting all the grounds wet (they will rise to the top). Leave at least ½ to ¾ of an inch of room between the carafe's rim and top of the grounds/water.
- 3Let grounds soak for four minutes.
- 4Press filter through grounds to bottom of carafe, then pour.
- 5NOTES:A French press brews the fullest-flavored cup of coffee, thanks to its stainless steel filter. While a paper filter soaks up the coffee's natural oils (where much of the flavor is held), the press' filter allows the oils through. But without a paper filter, there will be a little coffee sediment at the bottom, so leave that last sip in the mug.
Best for: brewing one to four good-sized cups (depending on size of carafe) of full-flavored coffee that will be served right away.