Easy Iced Coffee
- 2-1/2 tsp
- instant coffee (*see note)
- 4-1/2 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- 'hot' water (*see note)
- 3/4 c
- milk (l use 2% milk)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract (optional)
- ice cubes (preferably large ice cubes)
How to Make Easy Iced Coffee
- 1For this recipe you will need a large size glass jar with a tight fitting lid. (I use an 8-ounce glass jar that the instant coffee came in. It is equivalent to holding 3 cups of liquid.)
- 2Place the instant coffee and sugar in a glass jar.
- 3Add the 'hot' water to the jar, place lid on jar, and seal jar tight. Shake the jar vigorously for about 15-20 seconds.
- 4Remove lid from the jar, add the milk, and vanilla, if using, and then swirl the jar around for a bit.
- 5Add the coffee to a tall beverage glass which has been filled with ice, and enjoy your iced coffee.
- 6*Note: I usually use Folgers or Maxwell House Instant Coffee when making this iced coffee, but if you use Taster's Choice 100% Columbian Instant Coffee, I would decrease the amount of coffee to 2 tsp. I have found the 100% Columbian Coffee has a much stronger taste to it, but I also think it makes this iced coffee taste great! Also, when adding the 'hot' water, I heat the water in a small saucepan ontop the stove. One more thing, I prefer to use ice cubes that are large in size, as they don't dilute the ice coffee as quickly as the smaller cubes do.