Aqua Fresca de Limòn con Menta
- lime, rinsed well, quartered and seeds removed
- 1/2 c
- lime juice *freshly squeezed*
- 1-2 sprig(s)
- fresh mint (original recipe specified 6-8 mint leaves, reduce amount if you prefer)
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar, to taste (i always use unbleached white sugar)
- 6 c
- cold water
- ice cubes
- mint leaves/sprigs, for garnish
How to Make Aqua Fresca de Limòn con Menta
- 1Place the lime quarters, lime juice, mint sprigs, sugar and [2 cups] water in a blender or food processor. PUREE until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- 2Return the strained mixture to the blender or food processor, along with another [2 cups] cold water. PUREE again until smooth.
- 3Strain again into the pitcher, then add the remaining 2 cups cold water; stir well. Chill the beverage before serving or you can serve it immediately over ice cubes (with mint leaves or sprigs as garnish, if desired).