Amazing Iced Coffee
- 9 Tbsp
- expresso or itlian roast ground coffee
- 4 c
- boiling water
- 1/4 c
- raw sugar
- 3/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c
- crushed mint leaves
- (1 inch) piece grated peeled fresh ginger
- 6 Tbsp
- sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c
- fat free milk
How to Make Amazing Iced Coffee
- 1Place a 13x9 inch baking pan in the freezer. Place coffee in a french press and add the boiling water. If using a drip coffee maker substitute the same amount of cold water and brew.
- 2Combine the sugar, cinnamon, mint and ginger in a medium bowl.
- 3While the coffee is still hot pour it over the sugar mixture in the bowl, stirring well until the sugar is dissolved. Let steep for flavors to combine (about 30 minutes).
- 4Strain 1/2 of the coffee into the cold baking pan and 1/2 into a pitcher. Return the baking pan to the freezer and put the pitcher in the refrigerator.
- 5Check the pan in the freezer after about 2 hours. Using a large fork, scrape any frozen coffee around in the pan, continue to check and scrape the pan every hour for an additional 2 hours.
- 6Once it is made, the granita may be used as needed for up to one week. (keep covered with plastic wrap).
- 7To serve fill a medium glass 1/2 full with the frozen coffee granita.
- 8Drizzle 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk over the granita.
- 9Fill the glass with the cold refrigerated coffee. Top with milk as desired and serve.