Amazing Iced Coffee
9 Tbspexpresso or itlian roast ground coffee
4 cboiling water
1/4 craw sugar
3/4 tspground cinnamon
3/4 ccrushed mint leaves
1(1 inch) piece grated peeled fresh ginger
6 Tbspsweetened condensed milk
2 cfat free milk
How to Make Amazing Iced Coffee
- Place a 13x9 inch baking pan in the freezer. Place coffee in a french press and add the boiling water. If using a drip coffee maker substitute the same amount of cold water and brew.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, mint and ginger in a medium bowl.
- While the coffee is still hot pour it over the sugar mixture in the bowl, stirring well until the sugar is dissolved. Let steep for flavors to combine (about 30 minutes).
- Strain 1/2 of the coffee into the cold baking pan and 1/2 into a pitcher. Return the baking pan to the freezer and put the pitcher in the refrigerator.
- Check the pan in the freezer after about 2 hours. Using a large fork, scrape any frozen coffee around in the pan, continue to check and scrape the pan every hour for an additional 2 hours.
- Once it is made, the granita may be used as needed for up to one week. (keep covered with plastic wrap).
- To serve fill a medium glass 1/2 full with the frozen coffee granita.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk over the granita.
- Fill the glass with the cold refrigerated coffee. Top with milk as desired and serve.