★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 2 lb
- fresh strawberries
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- snipped fresh rosemary (optional)
- ice cubes
- 1 recipe iced tea
How to Make Strawberry Iced Tea
- 1in a large saucepan combine fresh strawberries, brown sugar, and water. cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2using a vegetable peeler, remove strips of peel from lemons (should have 1/2 a cup). add strips of lemon peel, lemon juice and rosemary to mixture in saucepan. bring mixture just to boiling, stirring occasionally. remove from heat, cover, cool to room temperature.
- 3press mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discard solids (you should have about 1 quart syrup). to serve, fill glass with ice. to each glass ad 1/2 cup iced tea and syrup to taste (about 1/2 cup). garnish with fresh strawberries.