How to Make strawberry ginger lemonade with a hint of mint
- start off by making your simple syrup. add 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups of spring water to a medium size pot.Wash and roll 2 lemons on cutting board before slicing in half and adding to simple syrup mixture. rolling the lemons tend to soften the lemons and make them easier to juice. once rolled and soft using a strainer juice lemons into simple syrup mixture. also add your ginger and lemon rinds from the 2 squeezed lemons. simmer over low/medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- let simple syrup mixture cool and then pour into a gallon size pitcher. next is to juice 7 lemons but first don't forget to soften your lemons by rolling them. Juice lemons by using a juicer. pour your lemon juice into pitcher discarding seed.
- Add 2 cups of frozen strawberries to blender along with 1 cup of apple juice. Blend until smooth. add strawberry mixture to lemonade. ( note: If you don't like the seeds from the strawberry in your lemonade you can add this mixture to the pitcher by using a strainer and pushing the puree strawberries through the strainer with the back of a spoon.)
- add the remaining spring water from your gallon pitcher. stir in mint extract. ( if the mint taste isn't strong enough for you feel free to add to your liking ,but mint extract is very strong so only add a little at a time until you get your desire taste. wash and slice last lemon and add to pitcher for garnish. You may also like a add a slice strawberries as well for garnishing.
- I sometime enjoy a sweeter lemonade, so I may make my simple syrup a tad sweeter by doubling my sugar/water ratio.... 2 cups sugar to 4 cups water ..so again it depends on your taste ,on how sweet you like your lemonade. enjoy