★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 qt
- strawberry hulled and split in quaters
- jalapeno peppers seeds and ribs removed cut into four pieces
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 c
- fresh lemon juice
- nice size pieces of fresh ginger abount the size of an nice size strawberry peeled and cut into thirds
- 1/8 tsp
3 CUPS OF SPRING WATER
How to Make spicy jalalpeno lemonade
- 1Combine strawberries, jalepeño slices, 3/4 sugar, and salt in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Let rest for 30 minutes
- 2make simple syrup by adding once cup of spring water to one cup sugar. also infuse simple syrup with ginger and one jalapeno cut into pieces. simmer until sugar is dissolve. after cool remove jalapeno and ginger root.
- 3Remove and discard jalapeño slices from step one. Set aside 1 cup of macerated strawberries for garnish. Transfer remaining strawberries and any exuded juices and syrup into a blender. Add lemon juice. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard solids.add simple syrup after it has cool down about 15 minutes. Add reserved strawberries and more cold water to fill pitcher. whisk and combine Add ice. Serve in ice-filled glasses garnished with a strawberry and a jalapeño slice.