Southern Style Sweet Tea
How to Make Southern Style Sweet Tea
- Pour the sugar into a large pitcher.
Bring water to a boil in a large pan.
- When the water begins to boil, remove from the heat, and place the teabags in.
Let steep for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, and return tea to the heat...
Bring just to a boil, then pour into the pitcher, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Fill the pitcher half way with ice, and stir until most of it melts...
Then fill the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water, and stir until blended.
- Note: If you are counting calories you can substitute the sugar with any sugar substitute.