Santa's Special Hot Cocoa
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is the quintessential "foundation" recipe for the perfect cup of hot cocoa. Add extracts, liqueurs or candies to build on the terrific cocoa flavor... or sip it as-is! A delicious treat for a cool evening. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Santa's Special Hot Cocoa
- Pour cocoa and sugar into a saucepan and slowly add hot water.
- Stir until ingredients are blended together. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil over medium heat about 2 mins. Stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and add milk stirring occasionally until mixture is heated thoroughly. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and stir well. Pour into mugs and add marshmallows if using.
- Enjoy and wait for Santa!