Plantation Mint Ice Tea.
How to Make Plantation Mint Ice Tea.
- 1Use "Mr Coffee Iced tea Maker". Other cheaper brand ofice tea maker don't work. You get what you pay for. Its worth it! Read instructions thoroughly to use machine properly. I got my maker at Walmart for $15. It's been working well for 5 years!
- 2Take pitcher and use markings to indicate how much water is needed. Make the 3 qt...the 2 qt goes to fast & the tea stays good for a week [mine never makes it that long]. Pour water into space at top of iced tea maker.
- 3Take bag of ice and throw on the ground HARD until it breaks up the ice that may have melted & formed lumps rather than cubes. Fill pitcher to designated 3 QT marker.
- 4Put 2 round, fluted coffee filters in the brewing cup. 2 filters help to keep the iced tea & sugar longer in the brewing cup for stonger tea.
- 5Take 8 tea bags in place in brewing cup making sure they cover as much bottom area as possible.
- 6Fill the rest of the brewing cup with sugar. I may take a few tries to find your family's sweetness prefernce. The sugar also brings out the natural sweetness in the mint flavor of the tea bags.
- 7Put filled brewing cup in proper place of ice tea maker. Place water dispenser directly over brewing cup.
- 8Set Brew strenth all the way to the right for strong tea.
- 9Push "start" button. It will light up to indicate you pressed it hard enough.
- 10When "start" button goes off, your tea is ready. You will notice the final sound of gurgling steaming water & ice crackling. You'll also enjoy the fragrance of the mint or lemon while its brewing.
- 11Immedately enjoy your icy cold beverage. If you need larger quantites, get regular picthers to store pre-made batches in, so you can use the maker's pitcher to make more.
- 12Note: Iced tea used to make my stomach feel acidy. Especially Sun Tea, for those of us old enoughto remember this phenomenon. I don't know why, but this iced tea never gives me acid stomach.
- 13Feedback appreciated!