Perfect Iced Coffee (COLD BREWED COFFEE)
- 1 lb
- ground coffee (good rich roast)
- 8 qt
- cold water
- half and half (healthy splash per serving)
- sweetened condensed milk (2 - 3 tbsp/serving)
- note: can use skim milk, 2% milk, whole milk, sugar, artificial sweeteners, syrups...adapt to your liking!
How to Make Perfect Iced Coffee (COLD BREWED COFFEE)
- 1In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight.
Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed.
To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with coffee liquid. Add healthy splash of half-and-half. Add 2-3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (can use plain sugar instead) and stir to combine. Taste and adjust half-and-half and/or sweetened condensed milk as needed.
- 2To avoid watered down iced coffee…freeze some extra coffee into cubes and add coffee cubes to your drink instead of regular ice cubes. If you find that this coffee is too strong to your liking and want it diluted (since this is a concentrate) use regular ice cubes or add water to get the depth of coffee you prefer.
- 3This recipe makes 24 servings of a coffee CONCENTRATE, which will keep in your refrigerator for about 3-4 weeks. Adjust amounts of coffee and water to make less or more.