Lemon Sweet Tea
8-10 bag(s)plain black tea or a blend such as lipton
2/3 cfresh or bottled lemon juice
2 cwhite sugar
·fresh lemon slices (optional)
·gallon size jug or pitcher
How to Make Lemon Sweet Tea
- Fill a large sauce pan with water and 8-10 tea bags. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let tea simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat. Remove tea bags, set them aside in a glass measuring cup. Let tea cool a bit, but you still want the tea warm enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour sugar and lemon juice in pitcher then pour pan of warm tea into the pitcher and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill the measuring cup with the tea bags with cold water and strain into picture. Repeat until pitcher or jug is completely full. Stir one more time. Add sliced lemon if desired and chill.
- Serve in a glass over ice. Yield 1 gallon.