HOUSE WINE (SOUTHERN ICED TEA)
I've definitely updated this one -- no more saccharine.
There are a million ways to make ice tea. This is mine.
- regular size tea bags*
- 1 1/2 -2 c
- granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 1 pinch
- baking soda
- 8 c
How to Make HOUSE WINE (SOUTHERN ICED TEA)
- 1*If using family-size tea bags, 1 family-size tea bag is equal to 3 regular-size tea bags.
- 2In a heat-proof container (preferably glass) large enough to accommodate the boiling water, place tea bags (tied together) and baking soda. Pour 2 cups boiling water over tea bags, cover and steep 15 minutes.
- 3Carefully remove the teabags. Do not squeeze them as this will add bitterness.
- 4Pour tea concentrate into a 2-quart pitcher and add sugar (basically, this is to taste). Stir to dissolve. Add six cups cold water. Allow to cool completely at room temperature (this prevents cloudiness). Refrigerate. Serve over ice. Lemon sllice is optional.