Hot Buttered Crandazzle
I forgot to take a picture, so there isn't one to share. Next time I make it I will try to remember to take one.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 oz
- brown sugar
- 2 oz
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- generous pinch of ground cinnamon
- generous pinch of ground ginger
- generous pieces of orange peel
- cinnamon sticks
- cranberries, fresh or dried
- 7 c
- cranberry juice
How to Make Hot Buttered Crandazzle
- 1Mix the sugar, butter and spices together until creamy. Batter can be stored for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator in a covered container.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry juice to a simmer and add the cinnamon sticks, orange peel and cranberries and bring just to a boil.
- 3Put a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each clear glass mug.
- 4Add 3/4 cup of cranberry juice, along with some of the peel, a cinnamon stick and cranberries, to each glass. Stir to blend.