★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- 5 qt
- water and ice
How to Make Homemade Lemonade
- 1Wash the lemons, then rolls them on the kitchen counter to make them juicier.
- 2Slice the lemons into thin slices.
- 3In a 3 quart pitcher, layer the lemon slices and the sugar. Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight). This will draw out the juice & lemon oil from the lemons.
- 4Using a potato masher or heavy spoon, press the lemons against the bottom or side of the pitcher to release the juice. Be careful not to tear up the lemon slices!
- 5Add water & ice to make 3 quarts of lemonade. Stir well, then taste. Adjust lemon juice, water, and/or sugar to suit your taste.