Homemade Apple Cider
- red delicious apples, quartered, seeds and peels removed
- 1 c
- cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbsp
- whole cloves
- 1 Tbsp
- maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp
- whole allspice
- 4 (1/4'' s
- fresh whole ginger, peeled
How to Make Homemade Apple Cider
- 1Place the apples in a large pot with 10 cups of water. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- 2Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for two hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 3Use a potato masher to mash the apples, then stir the mixture into a strainer with a large spoon. Make sure you get all the juice!
- 4Set aside the applesauce you've now just made, and pour the cider into a glass bottle. Remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves from the applesauce and drop them into the bottle with the cider. Refrigerate.