Creamy Iced Hazelnut Coffee
Recently, I was inspired by a method for iced coffee used by "A Pioneer Woman Cooks". I don't have time or space to do all that she does, but I have adapted her idea into making my own method.
Another thing I don't like is dilluted iced coffee. The coffee ice cubes solve this problem.
1 cbrewed coffee, cooled
4-6coffee ice cubes and regular ice cubes
2 Tbspinstant coffee
1/2 cboiling water
2-3 Tbspsweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsphazelnut flavoring (i like the powdered hazelnut creamer)
How to Make Creamy Iced Hazelnut Coffee
- From a pot of brewed coffee, pour some into ice tray to make a few frozen coffee ice cubes. Also pour out one cup of coffee and set to the side to let it cool down a bit.
- Make a strong coffee concentrate: pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 2 heaping tablespoons instant coffee. (or if you are a lucky ducky who has an espresso machine, make 2-3 shots of espresso). Mix in the hazelnut flavor. Set aside to cool a bit.
- After your coffees have cooled for about 8-10 minutes, pour them both into a tall drinking glass, about halfway up, and mix in the sweetened condensed milk. (If you don't have, or don't want, the sweetened condensed milk, substitute cream and sugar, but let me tell you, the sweetned condensed milk in the iced coffee gives it a purely luxurious flavor and texture!)
- Fill rest of glass with ice cubes, and half & half or whole milk. (this is a treat; don't wimp out by adding skim milk this time!)
- Insert a fun straw into glass. Enjoy :)