My family's Christmas Eve Egg Nog
(At least one of the grand-children request this every year.)I hope you and your family will also enjoy this seasonal treat.
Note: Originally published in Junior League of Baton Rouge's River Road Recipes 1972ed.,I eliminated the alcohol so that it is user friendly for the entire family.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 dozen largeeggs, separated
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/3 cconfectioners' sugar
1 qthomogenized milk
1 qtvanilla ice cream
1 ptwhipping cream, whipped with 1/3 conf. sugar
1 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
How to Make My family's Christmas Eve Egg Nog
- Separate yolks from whites of eggs. Beat egg yolks until fluffy and light in color. Add slowly 1 cup sugar while beating mixture constantly.
- While still beating mixture add the milk and the softened ice cream.
- Whip cream until it forms soft peaks.(Be sure to have whipping cream cold) Add 1/3 cup powdered sugar to whipped cream. Set aside.
- Beat whites of six (6) eggs until stiff peaks form and add 1/2 cup granulated sugar.(egg whites should be room temperature to for better volume) Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Gently fold whipped cream into eggnog mixture and top with dollops of egg whites.