Coffee Frappes - made in Massachusetts!
In Rhode Island they're called a cabinet! They use less milk and more ice cream and more syrup.
- 1/2 pt
- milk, 2%, less milk is ok too!
- 1 pt
- coffee ice cream, use more if preferred! vanilla/chocolate or strawberry are options.
- 2 Tbsp
- autocrat coffee syrup, adjust to your tastes.
- other flavor choices:chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup or coffee/chocolate mixed
How to Make Coffee Frappes - made in Massachusetts!
- 1In a blender add scoops of the ice cream, half of the milk and coffee syrup.
Blend just until combined and still thick, add as much milk as you prefer. More ice cream than milk makes it so the straw stands up in the drink! You can almost use a spoon to enjoy this.
- 2Pour into two tall glasses and serve each with a straw.
These are excellent served with a burger, or a western or a BLT especially on a hot summer day!
- 3These may require more scoops of ice cream, depending on thickness preferred.
P.S. They are called different things in different areas of the U.S.A.