★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cwater
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
5 Tbspcanned pumpkin
3cinnamon sticks or 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tspground ginger
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Syrup
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add the water and brown sugar. Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the pumpkin to the pan and stir until completely combined.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg and stir the mixture until combined. Let cook until the syrup thickens and then strain into a container using a cheesecloth lined strainer. You can skip the straining if you do not mind the spices in your syrup, but it can leave a little bit of a bitter taste.
- To the container add the vanilla and stir to combine. This can be refrigerated until used.
- To use in coffee add enough syrup to sweeten your coffee and some half and half or milk. To make it as a latte, add a few tablespoons of syrup to cup add espresso and steamed milk. ENJOY!