NOT Aunt Marion's Russian Tea
- 5 c
- 1 1/2 c
- juice of 4 oranges or 1 cup (aka *8 oz.) orange juice
- juice of 1 lemon or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- whole cloves
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 8 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- loose black tea or about 4 tea bags
- lemon or orange slices, or both
HOT SPICE JUICES
BREWING THE TEA STUFF
OPTIONAL TO GARNISH
How to Make NOT Aunt Marion's Russian Tea
- 1HOT SPICE JUICES: Bring the Water to a boil. Add the Sugar, Orange Juice, Lemon Juice, Cloves & Cinnamon. Boil about 5 minutes.
- 2BREWING THE TEA: Now bring the other Water to a boil in another pot, add your Loose Black Tea Leaves. Let it steep for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add your HOT SPICE JUICES s l o w l y to the brewed Tea until you reach your desired flavor & aroma. Sit back with friends & enjoy.
- 4NOTE: I found it odd that with all the other ingredients used that ground cinnamon was used instead of a cinnamon stick. But I figure that if anyone wants to use a cinnamon stick with this, it is acceptable. Personally, I thought ground cinnamon was rude to the loose tea leave considering how hard it can be for me to find black loose tea leaves. So they deserve the best treatment, is how I see it. If I use tea bags, then I probably wouldn't feel guilty using the ground cinnamon.