Rev BJ Friley
Carb Grams Per Serving: 18
*Sugar Substitutes: Choose Splenda Granular or Sweet 'N Low bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 4 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
- egg whites
- 4 1/2 tsp
- sugar or sugar substitute equivalent to 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar*
- 1 Tbsp
- cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- instant coffee crystals
- 1/3 c
- evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- cream of tartar
- powdered sugar
How to Make Mocha Souffles
- 1Allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and coffee crystals.
- 3Stir in evaporated milk all at once.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7Pour into a small bowl.
- 8Cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 11In a medium bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar; beat with an electric mixture on medium speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- 12Fold about one-fourth of the beaten egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
- 13Fold in remaining beaten egg whites.
- 14Gently pour into two ungreased 1-cup soufflé dishes.
- 15Place soufflé dishes in a shallow baking pan.
- 16Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 17Serve immediately sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.