Rev BJ Friley
Carb Grams Per Serving: 18
*Sugar Substitutes: Choose Splenda Granular or Sweet 'N Low bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 4 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
4 1/2 tspsugar or sugar substitute equivalent to 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar*
1 Tbspcocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 tspinstant coffee crystals
1/3 cevaporated fat-free milk
1/8 tspcream of tartar
How to Make Mocha Souffles
- Allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and coffee crystals.
- Stir in evaporated milk all at once.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a small bowl.
- Cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar; beat with an electric mixture on medium speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Fold about one-fourth of the beaten egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Fold in remaining beaten egg whites.
- Gently pour into two ungreased 1-cup soufflé dishes.
- Place soufflé dishes in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.