Hot Limerick Toddy This is just what the doctor ordered for a cold winter night.
Generally speaking, Irishmen do not sip, tipple, imbibe or quaff. They drink. They drink with friends, they drink with gusto and they occasionally guzzle. This is not to say, however, that an Irishman will drink just anything that's been placed in front of him. Irishmen do not, for example, drink warm milk, or drink anything in a fancy glass with an umbrella sticking out of it! In talking to Irish pub owner's, here are some recipes for your Yuletide parties:
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1-1/2 oz. of irish mist liqueur
- cinnamon sticks
- half a lemon
How to Make Hot Limerick Toddy This is just what the doctor ordered for a cold winter night.
- 11. Squeeze half a lemon into each of two 8-oz. mugs or glasses with handles.
2. Stir 1 teaspoon of honey into each glass or mug.
3. Add 1-1/2 oz. of Irish Mist liqueur to each mug or glass, and fill with hot water.
4. Stir well, add a cinnamon stick to each drink and serve.
5. Serves 2