Aunt Marion's Russian Tea
Literally, my husband's aunt would make this. Considering many recipes out there that are a dry mix and they are wonderful...I wanted her's that is not a dry version. Finally got it tonight when I fed her daughter. Compared it to one I finally found online & they are similar but there are differences. I will be posting the one I found online as well. No matter how you fix Russian Tea, it is great beverage when you are sick. I like to take a safe to use cup and won't break, to a tub of hot as I can stand it water. Soak & sip on Russian Tea. Then go to bed. And I do feel lil better afterwards.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
serves it purpose
- 3 qt
- small tea bags or 1 family size tea bag
- cheese cloth to put spices, optional cause you can use a tea strainer later
- 1 stick
- 1 tsp
- whole cloves
- 1 c
- 1 c
- orange juice, freshly squeezed or not (3 to 4 oranges used)
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice, using fresh lemon, no substitute
SPICY TEA BREW STUFF
How to Make Aunt Marion's Russian Tea
- 1Bring Water to a boil. Then take off heat & add the Tea Bags, the Cinnamon Stick & Whole Cloves. (you can tie the spices in a cheesecloth but fine if you don't. just strain it with a tea strainer once brewed). BREW for 10 minutes. Take out cheesecloth stuff or just strain.
- 2Add the Sugar.
Add the Orange Juice & Lemon Juice.
- 3This is to be drank HOT. So if you refrigerate any leftovers, just heat up as you would do any hot beverage.
OPTIONAL: Garnish with Lemon slices or Orange slices or both.
About Aunt Marion's Russian Tea
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment