Apple Spiced Tea
The rich autumn colors of this tea make it a great choice for your fall party table. The fruit juices add a natural sweetness that gives it a smooth, balanced taste.
I prefer to strain it for a smooth tea, but you might prefer unstrained if you like bits of spice in your tea.
- 3 cups
- apple juice
- 2 cups
- pineapple juice
- 6 to 8
- tea bags (i prefer orange pekoe, but just about any black tea works well)
- 1 1/2 qt
- boiling water (6 cups)
- 1 cup
- granulated sugar
- lemons, sliced
- oranges, sliced
- 1 /2 tsp
- ground cloves (or to taste)
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon (or to taste)
How to Make Apple Spiced Tea
- 1Stir all ingredients in a large saucepan, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2Remove and discard tea bags.
- 3For hot Apple Spiced Tea: Pour tea into hot beverage mugs. (Makes about 10-12 cups of hot tea.)
For iced Apple Spiced Tea: Let tea cool, pour into pitcher, and chill in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours (or longer), and pour into tall glasses filled with ice cubes. (Makes about 6-8 glasses of iced tea.)