Thick Coffee Banana Smoothie
- 1 c
- fresh brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 medium
- banana, peeled
- 1-2 Tbsp
- sugar or splenda (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon honey, to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- french vanilla yogurt (low-fat or nonfat is fine)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- protein powder (or other nutritional powder) (optional)
- 1 tsp
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Thick Coffee Banana Smoothie
- 1Twenty to thirty minutes before you plan to mix your smoothie, put the coffee in a shallow pan and place it in the freezer, stirring once or twice after 15 minutes.
It should become slushy-icy.
- 2Thinly slice the banana onto a plate and put that in the freezer as well, to chill.
While you're waiting, chill the glasses you plan to use.
- 3When you're ready to proceed, combine the chilled coffee, banana, and sugar to taste in a blender.
Blend just until smooth.
- 4Add the yogurt and any of the remaining ingredients you wish to use.
- 5Blend again, briefly, just until smooth. Taste, adding a little more sugar if needed. Transfer to the chilled glasses and serve.