Frozen Chai Tea Smoothies
- 1/4 c
- honey or agave syrup
- cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 7 bag(s)
- black tea
- 1 pt
- vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp
- ground cardamom
- 3 c
- ice cubes
How to Make Frozen Chai Tea Smoothies
- 1In a saucepan, combine 1 cup water, the honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves and ginger over low heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain, then let the tea cool for 20 minutes.
- 3Using a blender, combine the tea, frozen yogurt, nutmeg and cardamom. Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.
Place the shake in a pre-cooled insulated mug to keep it thick and cold.