Sweet Lime Iced Tea
How to Make Sweet Lime Iced Tea
- 1In a (2-quart) heat-proof glass pitcher, add the tea bags to it. (If the tea bags have strings attached, be sure to remove them first.)
- 2Pour boiling water over tea bags in the pitcher.
Cover the pitcher, and allow tea to steep for 45 minutes. (I covered the pitcher with Saran Wrap.)
- 3After the has steeped for 45 minutes, remove tea bags from the pitcher, and discard them.
- 4To the pitcher, add the 3/4 cup of sugar, plus the 2-1/2 tablespoons of sugar; stir thoroughly to dissolve the sugar.
- 5Add the juice of 2 limes to the pitcher, and stir. (For more lime flavor, add the juice from half of a lime as well.)
- 6Let the tea cool to room temperature, then place tea in the refrigerator to chill.
- 7Pour chilled tea into glasses filled with ice. Serve tea immediately.
- 8*Note: For more lime flavor, add the juice of 2 and a 1/2 limes. Also, I usually double this recipe, and make the tea in a gallon size glass jar. Then I'll use 12 cups of boiling water, 14 tea bags, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, plus a 1/3 cup of sugar, and the juice of 4 limes (possibly 4-1/2 limes). This makes: 13-1/2 cups of tea (or) 105-ounces. One more thing I wanted to mention, if using a gallon size glass jar to make the tea, I'll cover the jar with an 8-1/2 inch glass dinner plate, while the tea is steeping.