Spicy Mint Tea
You can use different types of fresh mint in this tea if you like. I think that chocolate mint would work really well.
- orange pekoe tea bag
- large mint sprigs, large stems with large leaves (lightly crushed)
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- white sugar, white
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- cinnamon stick
- slices lemons, garnish
- mint sprigs, garnish
How to Make Spicy Mint Tea
- 1Steep 1 tea bag, 6 mint stems and cayenne pepper in 2 cups of boiling water.
- 2Strain the mixture, keeping only the liquid.
- 3Add the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon stick to the mint mixture and allow to cool on counter.
- 4After tea has cooled refrigerate, until ready to serve.
- 5When ready to serve, remove the cinnamon stick and dilute the mint mixture with equal parts of water.
- 6Serve in a tall glass with ice, add a fresh mint sprig and a lemon slice for garnishing.