Spicy Mint Tea
You can use different types of fresh mint in this tea if you like. I think that chocolate mint would work really well.
1orange pekoe tea bag
6large mint sprigs, large stems with large leaves (lightly crushed)
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
2 cboiling water
1 cwhite sugar, white
1/2 clemon juice, fresh squeezed
2slices lemons, garnish
2mint sprigs, garnish
How to Make Spicy Mint Tea
- Steep 1 tea bag, 6 mint stems and cayenne pepper in 2 cups of boiling water.
- Strain the mixture, keeping only the liquid.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon stick to the mint mixture and allow to cool on counter.
- After tea has cooled refrigerate, until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove the cinnamon stick and dilute the mint mixture with equal parts of water.
- Serve in a tall glass with ice, add a fresh mint sprig and a lemon slice for garnishing.