Iced Mocha Coffee
8 ouncescold water
1 Tablesp.instant coffee (*see note)
3 Tablesp.chocolate syrup (*see note)
4 Tablesp.half-and-half cream (*see note)
1 to 2individual packets of splenda no calorie sweetener, or saccharin sweetener
·cool whip or reddi wip, to garnish the coffee (optional ingredient)
How to Make Iced Mocha Coffee
- In a large coffee cup or coffee mug, add the water and instant coffee. (I added the ingredients to one 16-ounce coffee mug.) Place coffee cup or mug in a microwave, and microwave until coffee is heated through.
- Stir the coffee, and place cup or mug in the refrigerator for 30 minutes; to chill.
- To the cup or mug, add the chocolate syrup, half-and-half cream, plus 1-2 packets of Splenda; (I used 1-1/2 packets) stir to mix.
- Add ice cubes to a tall beverage glass. Pour coffee over the ice cubes, and top it with a dollop or two of Cool Whip or Reddi Wip.
- This makes: One serving (1-1/3 cups, or 11-ounces)
- *Note: When making this coffee beverage, I've also used a Decaf Instant Coffee, such as Maxwell House or Folgers. The chocolate syrup I use is Hershey's Lite Chocolate Syrup. Which has 50% Less Sugar, Carbs, & Calories than regular Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. Also, on occasions I have used 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream, plus 2 Tablespoons of 2% milk, instead of half-and-half cream.