Hazelnut Liqueur (Homemade Frangelico)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
I'm guessing at the number of servings since there were none given with the recipe.
From Glorious Liqueurs by Mary Morris.
How to Make Hazelnut Liqueur (Homemade Frangelico)
- In a glass bottle or jar, steep the chopped hazelnuts in the vodka for about 2 weeks in a cool, dark place, gently shaking the bottle every day.
- Gently pour the contents through a strainer or sieve, pressing hard on the nuts to release all the flavor.
- Follow this by 2 strainings through slightly dampened cheesecloth or large coffee filter; loosely cover the contents with plastic wrap, since the process may take several hours.
- In a very small saucepan, combine the sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil over moderate-high heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Funnel into a glass bottle, then funnel in the sugar syrup.
- Cover tightly; shake to blend.
- Let mature at room temperature, or slightly cooler, for at least 3 weeks.