Hazelnut Liqueur (Homemade Frangelico)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
I'm guessing at the number of servings since there were none given with the recipe.
From Glorious Liqueurs by Mary Morris.
- 1/2 lb
- hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Hazelnut Liqueur (Homemade Frangelico)
- 1In a glass bottle or jar, steep the chopped hazelnuts in the vodka for about 2 weeks in a cool, dark place, gently shaking the bottle every day.
- 2Gently pour the contents through a strainer or sieve, pressing hard on the nuts to release all the flavor.
- 3Follow this by 2 strainings through slightly dampened cheesecloth or large coffee filter; loosely cover the contents with plastic wrap, since the process may take several hours.
- 4In a very small saucepan, combine the sugar and water.
- 5Bring to a boil over moderate-high heat.
- 6Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 7Let cool to room temperature.
- 8Stir in the vanilla.
- 9Funnel into a glass bottle, then funnel in the sugar syrup.
- 10Cover tightly; shake to blend.
- 11Let mature at room temperature, or slightly cooler, for at least 3 weeks.