Egyptian Iced Tea
- 6 c
- filtered water
- peppermint tea bags (or the equivalent amount of loose tea)
- lemon slices
- whole cloves (9 with original recipe)
- 6 Tbsp
- honey, agave or similar (to taste)
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- ice cubes
How to Make Egyptian Iced Tea
- 1Bring water to a boil and turn off heat. Add all ingredients except honey or other sugar of choice. Cover and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- 2Remove tea bags, lemons, and cloves with a slotted spoon, squeezing to extract all the flavors. Add honey (or agave syrup, etc.), stir, cool, and serve over ice cubes with fresh mint leaf garnish and a lemon slice.
- 3Posted 8 August 2014.