Traditional Bahraini Cardamom Coffee
My friend said:
"This is an authentic recipe for the traditional style of coffee that is drunk in Bahrain. The key to a great cup of coffee is the ground coffee - if you can get Gulf Coffee then do so. Gulf Coffee is light / medium roasted beans which are then ground with cardamom & saffron. If you can't get Gulf Coffee then use a coffee which is as lightly roasted as possible & add a little extra cardamom & saffron to the coffee as you make it."
- 4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- lightly roasted arabica coffee
- 1 tsp
- ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- rose water (start with less if you are not familiar with it)
- dates, mixed nuts or pastries. to serve with the coffee.
How to Make Traditional Bahraini Cardamom Coffee
- 1Bring water to boil.
- 2Add the coffee, cardamom, and saffron .simmer uncovered on low heat for 3 minutes.
- 3Strain mixture into pot.
- 4Bring mixture up to the boil again then remove from the heat. Add the rose water & pour into a coffee serving pot.
- 5Serve in demitasse coffee cups with dates, mixed nuts or pastries.