Spiced Fruit Tea
- 5 c
- boiling water
- (175 ml) bags herbal tea, orange spice flavor
- 1/3 c
- sugar or splenda
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- (46 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 c
- cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/3 c
- lime juice
- kumquat, slices (optional)
- garnish ; orange slices or mint sprigs or lime slices or fresh pineapple, wedge (use one or all! optional)
How to Make Spiced Fruit Tea
- 1Pour boiling water into a very large bowl. Add the tea bags.
Let steep for 5 minutes.
- 2Remove and discard tea bags Stir in sugar and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved.
Stir in pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and lime juice.
- 3Remove 3 cups of the mixture.
Cover and chill the remaining mixture for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- 4Pour the 3 cups tea mixture into two clean ice cube trays, adding kumquat slices, if desired.
Cover and freeze until firm.
- 5To serve, divide prepared ice cubes among glasses.
Add chilled tea mixture.
If desired, garnish with fruit and/or mint. Makes: 8 to 10 (about 8-ounce) servings.