Vanilla Coffee White Hot Chocolate
- 3 oz
- white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 c
- milk (half-and-half, or light cream)
- 1/3 c
- hot strong coffee
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- grated nutmeg, cinnamon, chocolate-flavor candy sprinkles (optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- brandy, as you wish (per serving, use less, more as you like)
BRANDIED WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE (OPTIONAL)
How to Make Vanilla Coffee White Hot Chocolate
- 1In a medium heavy saucepan combine white chocolate and 1/3 cup of the milk.
Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Add the remaining 1 2/3 cups milk.
Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
Stir in coffee and vanilla.
- 2Serve in latte mugs or drinking bowls.
If desired, top with ice cream and sprinkle with given choices.
- 3Brandied White Hot Chocolate:
- 4Prepare as directed, except add 2 to 3 tablespoons brandy to white chocolate mixture when adding the coffee and vanilla.