Raspberry Hot Chocolate For Grown Up's
- 10 oz
- milk chocolate chips (personaly i prefer bittersweet)
- 1 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- chambord, to taste, plus another ? cup for reducing
- chambord, to taste, plus another ? cup for reducing whipped cream and raspberries, to top if available
How to Make Raspberry Hot Chocolate For Grown Up's
- 1Add everything but the Chambord, whipped cream, and raspberries to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until the chocolate completely melts.
- 2After the chocolate melts, continue to cook, but stir more frequently. The mixture should thicken a bit and all of the chunks should dissolve. After 5-10 minutes, remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- 3As it cools, add ⅓ cup of Chambord to another small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes, until the Chambord has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Don't over cook, or it will become hard like candy, rather than syrupy, which is what we want.
- 4Pour the hot chocolate into little mugs (servings should be small because it is so rich), add Chambord to your liking, and top with whipped cream. Drizzle with the Chambord reduction and top with a few raspberries. Serve.