Hot Apple Cider
I continue the tradition in our house all fall and winter.
snow man cup picture came from www.asweetpeachef.com because I liked the mugs.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·apple cider (any brand)
1 tspfresh ground nutmeg
1 scoop(s)whole cloves
3satsumas or one large orange
How to Make Hot Apple Cider
- Peel the satsumas or orange and cut wedges in half. This allows the juices to really release in the cider.
- Poke the whole cloves into the orange pieces. This keeps them all from floating around when serving and the infusion just taste better in the cider. Not sure why just does.
- Cinnamon sticks, break in half or use whole it doesn't seem to matter.
- Throw everything in the crock pot and turn on high for an hour or two or until the temperature you would like. Turn on warm to keep and Enjoy!
- If you want to make this an adult drink I enjoy adding a shot of Spiced or black rum to 8 oz of cider. Do this at the time you serve it and not in the crock pot itself.