Coconut Snowball Cocoa
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Holiday Food Fun, Oct. 1995.
1 ptvanilla ice cream
1 ccoconut, flaked
1/2 cunsweetened cocoa
1/2 cdark rum, optional
3/4 ccream of coconut
1 tspcoconut extract
1/2 cchocolate sauce
How to Make Coconut Snowball Cocoa
- Scoop ice cream into 8 small balls; immediately roll in coconut.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze until ready to use.
- Whisk cocoa into milk in large saucepan.
- Stir in rum, if desired, cream of coconut (up to 1 cup), and coconut extract.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Pour into 8 large heatproof mugs.
- Float ice cream balls in cocoa.
- If desired, drizzle each ice cream ball with chocolate sauce and top with a cherry.