Cinnamon Bun White Hot Chocolate
2 cwhole milk
2cinnamon sticks, coarsely broken
4 ozwhite chocolate, chopped
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
1 tspground cinnamon
2 Tbspwhipped cream
2 Tbsptoasted or candied pecans, chopped
1 Tbspcaramel sauce
How to Make Cinnamon Bun White Hot Chocolate
- Combine the milk and the broken cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring the milk to a simmer.
- Once the milk is simmering, remove the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid and let it steep at room temperature for 30 minutes to infuse the milk with the cinnamon flavor.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cinnamon sticks and return the saucepan of milk to medium heat.
- Add the chopped white chocolate, brown sugar, vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract, salt and the ground cinnamon.
- Heat, whisking frequently, until the milk is hot and the white chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the milk mixture into two mugs to serve.
- Garnish with one or all of the following: whipped cream, additional ground cinnamon, toasted or candied pecans, caramel sauce.