Chocolate Irish Coffee
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This coffee is strong and not for the faint of heart! The addition of the chocolate gives this coffee a slight sweetness but not overly sweet. The Creme de Menthe adds a hint of minty flavor. The whipped cream topping really makes this coffee. Make sure to use a good, smooth Irish whiskey. This will definitely warm you up on a cold day! The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- strong coffee, fresh brewed
- 2 Tbsp
- dark chocolate (not powder cocoa mix)
- 1 oz
- Irish whiskey
- whipped cream (the kind from the can)
- 1 tsp
- creme de menthe
- chocolate shavings or cocoa powder (for garnish)
How to Make Chocolate Irish Coffee
- 1Place dark chocolate in Irish coffee mug and microwave until melted, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add hot brewed coffee and stir well, until chocolate and coffee are well blended. Add whiskey.
- 2Top with a dollop of whipped cream, then drizzle creme de menthe on top of the whipped cream mound. If desired, garnish with chocolate shavings or a light dusting of cocoa powder.