Apple Cider Cups
- 12 apples (fuji, honey crisp, red delicious, or gala)
- 1 liter high-quality apple cider
- 4 cinnamon sticks (more for garnish, optional)
- 2 whole star anise (more for garnish but optional)
- 2 lemons, halved
How to Make Apple Cider Cups
- 1With a knife remove the tops of all of the apples.
- 2Begin hollowing out each of the pieces of fruit and place on a serving try. Immediately sprinkle the juice of the lemons over the hollowed out apples to prevent browning. (Sprinkle lemon juice on the part you remove from each apple before placing in zip lock bag to use for another preparation…applesauce for breakfast, perhaps.)
- 3In a large pot, bring the apple cider to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and add the cinnamon sticks and star anise. Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove the cinnamon sticks and star anise and ladle the warm cider into the apple and pear cups.
Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks and star anise. Serve warm.