Perfect Agave Margarita
Caveat: I am posting this because when I posted some suggestions on here, my comments were deleted and I was barred from commenting. Some other posters who had comments other than just praise for the cook endured the same fate.
- 2 oz
- silver or reposado 100% agave tequila
- 1 oz
- freshly squeezed lime juice (not bottled)
- 1/2 oz
- agave nectar (adjust up/down for sweetness)
- 1 oz
- fresh cool water
- 1 slice
- lime for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp
- course salt for rim (optional)
How to Make Perfect Agave Margarita
- 1In a mixing glass or mason jar add all ingredients except the salt and lime garnish.
- 2Mix well with a spoon or cover the jar and shake very gently.
- 3To salt the rim of your glass (optional) drag a cut lime around the rim and then gently dip the rim in a saucer filled with fluer de sel so that the salt sticks to the rim.
Fill the glass to the top with ice.
Add cocktail mixture to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until well chilled. About 30 seconds.
- 4Strain contents of shaker over the ice in the glass and garnish with slice of lime.
- 5Enjoy -- repeat.