The odd thing about this recipe is that the Moonshine is infused with roasted jalapenos and bacon for six days before using.
2 largepoblano peppers
2 largejalepeno peppers
10 slicefully cooked bacon
1one 750 ml bottle of moonshine (or vodka)
1 1/2 ozjalapeno bacon moonshine
·whiskey willie’s bloody mary mix
·pickled okra, for garnish
How to Make Moonswine Mary
- Make the Jalapeno-Bacon Moonshine:
Wearing rubber gloves to protect your skin, slice off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Place the peppers flat-skin side up on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and put the pan under the stove broiler.
- Broil until the skin of the pepper is charred and black.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer them to a zip-lock bag.
- The stem will help loosen the skin of the pepper and make it easier to remove.
- After removing the skin, cut the peppers into quarters and place in an air-tight container.
- Place the cooked bacon in the container and pour the moonshine over the peppers and bacon, ensuring the ingredients are completely covered.
- Seal the container and allow to infuse for six days, stirring daily.
- After six days, strain the whiskey over a colander.
- Squeeze out any additional liquid from the peppers and bacon and add this to the infusion.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for at least one hour and then strain the liquid through the coffee filter.
- You may want to strain twice to remove all solids.
- Make the Moonswine Mary:
Fill pint glass with a lime salt rim, with ice and add Jalapeno Bacon Moonshine.
- Top with Whiskey Willie’s Bloody Mary mix.
- Garnish with a pickled okra.