The odd thing about this recipe is that the Moonshine is infused with roasted jalapenos and bacon for six days before using.
- 2 large
- poblano peppers
- 2 large
- jalepeno peppers
- 10 slice
- fully cooked bacon
- one 750 ml bottle of moonshine (or vodka)
- 1 1/2 oz
- jalapeno bacon moonshine
- whiskey willie’s bloody mary mix
- lime salt
- pickled okra, for garnish
How to Make Moonswine Mary
- 1Make the Jalapeno-Bacon Moonshine:
Wearing rubber gloves to protect your skin, slice off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds.
- 2Place the peppers flat-skin side up on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and put the pan under the stove broiler.
- 3Broil until the skin of the pepper is charred and black.
- 4Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer them to a zip-lock bag.
- 5The stem will help loosen the skin of the pepper and make it easier to remove.
- 6After removing the skin, cut the peppers into quarters and place in an air-tight container.
- 7Place the cooked bacon in the container and pour the moonshine over the peppers and bacon, ensuring the ingredients are completely covered.
- 8Seal the container and allow to infuse for six days, stirring daily.
- 9After six days, strain the whiskey over a colander.
- 10Squeeze out any additional liquid from the peppers and bacon and add this to the infusion.
- 11Place the mixture in the freezer for at least one hour and then strain the liquid through the coffee filter.
- 12You may want to strain twice to remove all solids.
- 13Make the Moonswine Mary:
Fill pint glass with a lime salt rim, with ice and add Jalapeno Bacon Moonshine.
- 14Top with Whiskey Willie’s Bloody Mary mix.
- 15Garnish with a pickled okra.