How to Make Mint Julep
- Gather ingredients.
- Place the mint leaves in the bottom of the cup to muddle. (Don't tear the leaves) Set aside one leaf for garnish.
- Add 1 ounce of simple syrup. (You may add more or less if you like depending on how sweet you want this.)
- Add the bourbon.
- Add crushed ice and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add more crushed ice and stir again. The ice will dilute the drink and frost the cup and that's what you want. Garnish with a mint leaf.
- COOKS NOTE: The proper cup to use is silver or pewter. I believe they can be purchased at your local BEVMO.